The WK Innovation Center has been created on the site of the former Bossier Medical Center. This property, which borders Airline Drive and Shed Road, showcases innovation of Willis-Knighton Health System, the region’s most forward-thinking health provider.
By renovating much of the existing structure, Willis-Knighton has brought new life and purpose to a building that had been neglected for too long. Executives and planners sought to demonstrate respect for the legacy of the former hospital and the citizens of Bossier City whose tax dollars paid for the original building and its additions over the years.
- Virtual Hospital - This unique facility is one of the largest virtual hospitals in the nation complete with 22 patient rooms, two operating suites, recovery and a labor and delivery suite. This state-of-the-art virtual hospital uses the latest high-fidelity simulators to recreate real-life situations for nursing students to hone their skills. Nine nursing schools throughout Louisiana and East Texas, as well as the LSU School of Medicine in Shreveport, will use the facility to train the health professionals of tomorrow.
- Talbot Medical Museum - The Talbot Museum was established in celebration of the 80th anniversary of Willis-Knighton with the support of Dr. and Mrs. J. Dudley Talbot. The museum preserves, reveals and interprets the history of modern medicine over the past century and a half. Special emphasis is placed on those people, places and events that have shaped medicine in our region.
- WK Career Institute
- Willis-Knighton Community Education (including Miciotto Auditorium and other public meeting space)
- Corporate Business Office
- Food Court
- Health Information Management Archives